Tuesday, July 26, 2011











I have let several days slip by being completely absorbed while reading this book. I found it last Thursday for $1 at Goodwill. It was so intense that I probably could have finished it in 1 or 2 days but we were in Snowflake for the weekend, Pioneer Days, and with all of the events that surround that, I had to sneak a few moments here and there just to get a few pages read.

I will say that I packed two of these....




What are they?... Yep, a headband flashlight. Mind you, I didn't make them especially for my Snowflake trip, knowing that it would be hard to find a few minutes to read and the only way I'd be able to finish my book was to stay up all hours of the night or early in the morning before the sun rose and would need these to help me with that, no...I had made these for my girls camp skit. (Each girl started with the light turned on, and if they chose to do something that might be wrong their light would go out and of course at the end of the play they had repented or chosen to do what they should and their lights came back on. Typical YW girls camp play). My intent was to remove the lights from the headband and just hold it to read, but I have to say, I found these to be an outstanding source of my 'night-reading' and hands-free I might add, you know, where you don't have to do the pinkie-thumb extension hold and you don't have to set down your flashlight to turn the pages....and decided to keep them the way they were.

This is how I looked while reading.

Here are only a few pictures at this years Pioneer Days Parade: Funny Boys view:

Front view and back view:

Cute view: Sharing candy view: Kai was very generous with all of the candy that was thrown his way. Although, he did struggle a little bit with giving up a tootsie roll. But I just did a Kai (or any kids) pout look and he gave it right over. Um....tootsie rolls are my favorite, okay?!

Wet from the firetruck view: But my favorite view of the whole trip was this: sleeping arrangement view. (what is Katie doing here?) We actually had two bedrooms assigned to our family for the married couples, Jason/Stacey - Jeff/Carolyn and boys - The rest of us were to sleep out in the living room area which was huge, but we all decided to squish into one room, (you can see how excited Jeff was to have us all in there). The walk-in closet is where the 3 little boys were put and then we got 5 mattresses to fit pretty easily. Doug was NOT going to come up, but later got talked into it and came up with carpool #2. Allan and I had ridden up earlier in the day with Carolyn and her boy-carpool #1. Doug, Jeff, Jason/Stacey, Kevin, Katie/Brandon and Shannon all rode up in the Suburban later that night. Jason and Stacey gave up the second bedroom for Doug and I the first night and then he left Saturday night so I traded it back to them the second night.

2 comments:

DeWitts said...

Wow! Good thing we didn't add 4 more to the bunch. Looks like a great time, though.

Shirl and Bill said...

Guess I better get caught up on the blogs!!
I want to read that book!