Monday, August 8, 2011

Leaving Las Vegas - or Henderson, I guess

A quick blog for tonight. We had a great day with Brookie's birthday. She didn't get a real breakfast in bed, but breakfast in front of a TV with a TV tray and a bowl of cereal is just as good. Maybe next year, if I'm around, I'll be a better grammy. So after I finished the book yesterday I needed something to read during 'downtimes', which there aren't too many of here, but when you add 5 minutes here, rocking the baby, another 10 minutes, in the restroom (and yes, I know you all take a book in there or at least a crossword puzzle), the time adds up and you can get some reading done. So, I scoured Brian and Celynda's bookshelves last night and aside from all of Brian's um..Medical books, I found this book by Glenn Beck. I started reading it last night and I finished it this afternoon. I love the story and how it sorta/kinda relates to him as a kid and the really profound way it impacted his life. (I promise it can be read in 2 hours). My favorite part is found on page 249 where the young boy is asking a 'man',
"Does everyone have to go through the storm?"
"Yes, sooner or later. But no one has ever been lost to the storm, just lost in it."
A small explanation - trials of life.
So, sadly we head home tomorrow. School starts Wednesday and Allan has already missed his Freshman orientation, which by all accounts that we've heard, was not that important. Mesa High has a Bar-B-Que something or other tomorrow night so we will of course be home for that. (Hey, free food) We hate leaving little Roxy, but she has 4 people here who adore her and will take good care of her. Thanks for sharing my bed with me Luke and Brook! (They didn't ever start there, but some time during the night they would both end up with me......I'm sure they thought I needed the companionship because Grandpa wasn't with me. We finally got some good pictures of Roxy, but I can't download them without the proper connection,whick of course I also left at home. Celynda is the official owner of the photo's but I will post some of them for you all to see tomorrow or Wednesday!


No comments: