Friday, August 19, 2011

Nacho......

Howdy everyone! Yesterday, Allan decided to go Friday night to Mesa Highs 'Howdy Hero Hop'. This is the first official 'kind of silly' dance where you can get to know the new kids in school. After much thought and a few family concerns, he opted to go as Nacho Libre and not AquaMan or Wonder Woman, which were up for serious consideration. For those of you who have never heard of or seen the movie - here is the movie poster. Yeah, it's gonna take a little work to get this hero look. So, Thursday after school I took Allan to his Improv' class which is held in Scottsdale (I can't wait for it to be over.... 2 more weeks...) On the way we stopped by a Goodwill, which of course being Thursday, was dollar day. Orange tags, $1.00. So we found these great old ladies blue poly-pants that even have a little texture to them, a ladies pair of red exercise shorts, a body (kind of) colored t-shirt, all of which were a dollar each! Hello...SCORE!...and a red tablecloth that was $2.99. (We ended up NOT using the tablecloth because of it's 'stiffy' material and I dug deep in my material bins and found a 'flowy' red cloth that we had used for an Eagle Scout event decoration.) So, the two things missing was a wig - hmm....I have one of those....and boots. I went to Deseret Industries today (Friday) and found some great ones - black, size 10 1/2 (Allan's size) for a few dollars more than I wanted to spend, but I was desperate. So, I spray painted them red, left them out in the sun to dry for a few hours but they seemed to be quite tacky so I put them in front of my fan for the last few hours. Oh, that on the chair is my old lady wig that we sprayed brown (even though it is hard to tell in this picture). This was the old lady pants that I had to cut and sew the 'bell bottom' legs to a tight fit so we could tuck them into the red boots and then add the knee patches. Here are a few pictures of 'our' Nacho Libre....



Brown and gray eyeliner pencils filled in a pretty good mustache and brows. It might really look like Allan's tummy here, but it's just a tee shirt with some 'titters' colored on with a marker.

I think his buttocks are clenched in this photo. And for those of you who saw the movie, I know you just chuckled. One last pose before the dance.

Now, I'm going to go back to Thursday for a second. While we were out shopping - a dust storm was coming our way. I know this picture does NOT do it justice, but this cloud was amazing! It looked like it was exploding out of itself. It was great. And then we saw the sun covered with the dust cloud and it was amazing too. I tried to get a picture but it was while I was driving and the photos turned out terrible. Just imagine it. Beautiful, right?

Okay, now back to this morning, Friday. Another beautiful set of clouds - These were as I dropped the kids off for A-hour, 6:45am. I love cloudy, stormy days. Nothing could be better.

Bonus:

For those of you in my family who haven't had the chance to meet Brandon, Katie's fiance', here he is helping Katie with some painting. We love him!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

So, now we have our very own Joe
Black. Great get up.....
my silly word is unmen....haha