Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recipe turnouts....

Here's what I woke up to this morning.....Sometime during the hours of 3-4am they found their way to my bed. Can you see the small sliver of bed I had to sleep on? No wonder I couldn't pull the covers over my whole body. Yeah, and they are both a little on the 'cloggy-nose ' sick side so I'm taking Vitamin C and echinacia like crazy. I'm gonna have to wash my sheets and pillowcases.......great.







Our party was great last night - lots of food, less of people, but what we did have was the perfect amount for playing a few of our favorite games. One of them being: Sort it Out. Play it with us next time your over.

Now on to the conclusion of yesterdays blog.

Here is the picture of what I was trying to make:

Here is mine: I will have to roll mine out thinner next time and maybe use strawberry jam instead of raspberry - but all in all, they turned out good and they got compliments of 'goodness'. As you can see I took liberty to 'criss-cross' mine because I had extra chocolate. I thought I had the instructions completely right in my mind, but one of the steps I goofed on - baking them first instead of spreading the cream cheese filling and stacking them together and then baking - but I hurried and put the cream cheese on the warm baked ones then stacked them and they turned out super fine.

Now, what was I going to do with the left over dough?...

as you can see, I had no problem finding a solution... Treyson really liked it. I hope his mom didn't see him eat more than just one piece!

Here are a few of my favorite things when baking -My Bosch-

Stackable magnetic measuring spoons -And my sugar holder - a small explanation of my sugar container: My mom worked at Sambo's Restaurant when I was getting married and for one of my shower gifts (I think) she gave me tons of kitchen items and this was the one to hold my sugar. It was a pickle holder or mayonnaise container from Sambo's. I know there were other large ones but this sugar one has been with me since my bridal shower! I think Mom wins for the most used and useful gift of all!!! The writing of the word Sugar has rubbed off over the years, but my kids have known nothing but this as our sugar jar.

My next recipe was Dill Dip. It too was very good and I loved the cottage cheese in it (I wasn't sure I would). I would, however, add only half of the dill. It was a bit too dilly for me. It looked just like it was supposed to. Phew!


So, four recipes, four thumbs up. Meaning, I would make them all again. One of the things I love about this book is little information on most of the pages. Here is the 'roasting your own red peppers" page I told you about earlier....and here is a little tidbit about 'spooning' flour into your measuring cups and not smashing it down in the cup to get your measurements right. I hear Doug jackhammering our downstairs bathroom floor again. I think that is my clue to 'Honey - come and help me', without the words actually being spoken. More recipes to come.


Oh, dress shopping was a success! I didn't take a picture but Katie has one on her phone. Text her if you want to see it.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

It all sounds soooo good to me..
Sambo's......cute picture.