Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off to school










Today was sweet. I know I should be a little sad, but I'm not. I sent my youngest kid off to Mesa High School today. He will be my last and 6th child to graduate from Mesa and with that you get special privileges. During his graduating ceremony, Doug and I will be allowed to sit out on the football field and they will announce our name! With 2 Westwood 'Warriors', Carolyn and Brian, the rest will forever be Mesa 'Jackrabbits' and they are now, or have been, overruled on which school is best.


Here was Allan preparing for school time........ Yeah, facebook probably. And here was Shannon's first outfit that she 'modeled' for us last night making sure we all liked it.


Here they are leaving the house at 8am. Here he is twirling going to the car. We do a carpool with our friends the Hancocks. Wednesdays will be a day they call late start - but it really is just missing their a-hour and then making up for it the other 4 days, which will begin at 6:45am! Yeah, I'm a little nervous about how that's all going to go down. Tomorrow will be interesting.


So now you ask - 'Becky, what will you be doing during your stay at home time?' Um..I'm seriously thinking of getting a job earning money (thus, preventing me from spending money). With 3 weddings/receptions coming up, we need all the money we can get - right? But today I am going to go through my coupons, read my mail, check out some of the stories in the newspapers and of course get my crossword puzzles torn out of them. Also, we have to get a bathroom remodeled ASAP. That will have to happen before I get a job I suppose, because we will have guests here for a few weeks.


But then I think, maybe I should take a few more classes. That would keep my from spending some money, at least on frivolous things, but with the cost of books and supplies it can add up to a lot of money as well but I am getting an education.


2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

Yes, do those projects and then get a job. And by the time you finish the projects - hopefully other projects will pop up in the meantime, thus postponing the job search even further. Sounds like a pretty good racket - sort of like mine. Want to get together to watch a good movie and eat bon bons? Sounds great - my schedule is pretty flexible.

Shirl and Bill said...

Projects sound boring........work sounds real boring. So why not just grab your favorite thing to do and enjoy. Well maybe just fix up the bathroom for now......???