Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Two weeks ago I was a mean mom and 'demanded' that Allan start running again. He must run Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The first week he did well, with a lot of walking between running spurts. (I despise running and so I just ride my bike next to him). The first day I nearly had to just walk my bike because of the slowness, but day by day he would improve. We went about 1 mile. I would then continue riding on adding a little more distance in my ride. The second week we didn't do any running/riding because it was Spirit Week and that took most of our morning time. So, we began again this week and we are doing well. This is the view I see most. Anyway, I rode my bike Monday with Allan - Tuesday alone and again today with Allan. Today I ended up riding approximately 4 miles. Monday after my ride I decided to clean out my drawers and closet. Over 150 t-shirts, shorts, pants, sweaters, coats were bagged as well as shoes and books. Out to the car they went. It felt great. Tuesday Shannon was off of school for AIMS testing and where did we go? Yep, Goodwill. Now we really went there to drop off the bags but we had to go see what was on sale....right? I came away with 6 things....a meat grinder, a calendar, 1 new shirt and 3 pillowcases. Of course Shannon found several things she loved. Here is a cute picture of her last week at her Choir Festival: Also, my rose bushes are in total bloom..... During my ride today I ran across this funny um....statue?....I guess she's decorated for Easter. (I hope she's not bare). And lastly, one of our favorite missionaries serving in this area, Elder Thomas, got transferred today and so he came by for a quick picture last night. (We were all in a hurry here - we had to pick up Shannon from volleyball practice, Katie had a game to get to and Elder Thomas still had a few places to get to before 9:30pm. You can tell that as soon as picture #1 was taken we were all 'off' to our places as Elder Scott snapped this last photo. You're funny Elder Scott.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Wow, you did some major cleaning woman. Where do you keep 150 t shirts???