Sunday, April 3, 2011

The return of regular Allan...

Now the reversal of Bobcat spirit day antic's. First of all, I want you all to know that during Friday's Pep Assembly, Allan was voted most spirited and was given a lovely 'crown?' When his name was called the whole gym went crazy loud, cheering for him. It made him feel good about all the work. The award for most spirited? The top of a pinata that they had used earlier in the assembly. Cheers to Allan, well deserved. As you can tell, his painted body held up well all day long. A few minor scrapes here and there, but all in all I'd say it was a huge success. He wanted to shower in my house to 'scratch, abrade, chip, whittle and whatever else it was going to take', to get this paint off of himself, but, I banished him to the back yard. I offered him a choice - hose or pool - neither of which he was happy about. However, he knew the look in my eyes was not one he was about to argue with. (sorry I couldn't turn this one) He started to use Toby's water bucket, but realizing that it was going to take more work than just swishing - he relented to us holding the hose and we all scrubbing. And then he wanted to go it alone with the holding and scrubbing thing, because he felt 'uncomfortable' that his mom and dad were um....rubbing him down. Hey, okay with me....I can take more pictures now! For the haircut.... I was worried that the letters had been so closely shaven (? - is this even a word?) into his head he would have to almost be bald when we tried to even it out. But it really didn't turn out too bad. Okay, he is almost bald isn't he. Our heart for the day......the center of a scone that Doug cooked on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

That's one way to get some attention Allan. But clever.
Like the haircut too