Saturday, April 23, 2011

A few busy days have passed by. Sorry to all of you who look FORWARD to my blog! I have enjoyed reading everyone else's though. I'll tell you why I haven't done much - Monday the 11th we went to a place called JumpStreet. It is one huge warehouse type building filled with these massive trampolines right next to one another and they must be 30 or more feet long. It's an impressive sight...(pictures and video will be coming). 3 of our kids were able to go do their 'thangs'. That's what I was going to blog about but I haven't 'finalized' the disc yet and I hate finalizing if I haven't used all the disc space up - so that blog might be a while down the road. Actually, Shannon has a tournament today and I'll see if I can use it up on her. SO - I felt guilty about posting anything else because then it would have been out of 'life' order and......as you can tell I've been in a stupor of blogging. This morning I decided to blog before my day got crazy and just show a few fun pictures of things that have been happening since the 11th. Here are a few of Shannon's last tournament. Yep, she is a outside hitter! She actually plays the whole game, so both front and back rows, but she is a left front hitter and goes there after every serve. It's fun to watch her play.






We also had a sad thing happen to our good neighbors. Last Saturday their 3 year old daughter drowned in their pool. Today is her funeral. Both the mom and dad have HUGE (11 brother/sisters for the mom and 9 for the dad) families so they had to move her funeral to the Stake Center (a much larger church building than the one we attend). It will be a very hard day for them all. They have had a lot of their family here with them and so we offered our RV, which is now parked in their driveway, and our downstairs big bedroom (which they haven't had to use yet). Shannon has been asked to sing at the funeral with another young woman from our ward. They sound really nice together and it will be hard for me not to cry during the song I'm sure. Shannon's tournament will start at 7am: She will play for a couple of hours and then I'll go get her, we will attend the funeral, and then she will go back and finish the tournament. It's always so weird to me that life has to move on even though you'd like it to stop just for one day.


Lukas and Brooke were over to our house the other day and had a lot of fun on the trampoline.



I can't even begin to guess what this game was.

As I was taking pictures of them I noticed a HUGE piece of bird poop.Can you see how much bigger it is compared to the other ones? Yeah, click on that one for sure so you can see the size. When Luke first got on the tramp I saw some poop down there too and so I asked him to kick it off. I thought with him being on a soccer team he would do really well with that assignment, but he must have thought I said 'pick' it off. Ewww.....Gross.........

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

I DO look forward to the blogs every day....