Friday, September 24, 2010






Wow! A week has gone by....sorry. I still am dealing with a slow computer and it's really not fun. First of all - a belated Happy Birthday to my sister Trudy!! I think we are all done with the counting of years, just have a great coming year!!



Everyday this week we have had a volleyball game to attend. Monday - Katie - Eastern Arizona. Their team played at home but is about 15 miles away so it feels like an away game.

Tuesday - Shannon - Desert Mountain -away - north Phoenix. Wednesday - Katie - Scottsdale - home. Thursday - Shannon - North Canyon - home. Tonight will be Katie again - away at Mesa Community College. It is not only money exhausting, but if the games are close with long rallys, it is also physically exhausting. Of course this is nothing like watching a wrestling match where I am tense from the moment they start until the whistle at the end. Now I know why Carrie and Doug never gain an ounce of weight. Tension weight control. If you ever want to lose weight - just go sit through any wrestling match.

I was a little Susie Homemaker yesterday. Along with laundry - (even though I don't have as many kids at home which was my many loads of laundry excuse - todays only excuse can be - I sweat when I watch VB games), I made homemade applesauce. Mom, thank you tons! I will have to say that when she was telling me how simple it was, I was sure I wouldn't remember her step-by-step instructions. However, I replayed her vivid instructions back in my head - peel, core, cut apples - boil until tender - put in blender - add sugar - add cinnamon (I think she also said nutmeg, but I don't care for that spice so I deleted that). It actually turned out really nice! Now, if any of you know if any of you have made the strawberry applesauce? I'd like to give that a try. My box of apples is dwindling though so it might be next year. Today I have to pick up some peaches which are way out in Queen Creek. That's like driving to Carries. So, Susie Homemaker must come out again and do something. Dang it. Any good peach ideas send my way.

2 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

You know you can get peaches in Mesa, right? Barbara Van Cott sells them from the stand on Brown and ValVista, I think it is. She likes you to order ahead so if you want her number let me know. They are FABULOUS! She also has apples, pears, berries, tomatoes.

Shirl and Bill said...

Good going on the applesauce.
It really is easy, isn't it?
Pray for the computer!!!!