Friday, September 24, 2010

my dell and me



It's a little late tonight - but I just had to share my good news! Yes, that is me, hugging my computer. I had a very nice call this afternoon, telling me that my computer parts were in and wondering if he could come over this afternoon and put them in my computer........ummm......yes!!! I had to patiently listen to him tell family stories, horrible computer nightmare stories and boring computer stuff info. In about 1 1/2 hours he was done and left me alone - alone with my computer. Alone to feel its keys and to close and open it. Alone to whisper silly things to it. Alone to let me look at the icons on my screen. Oh, how I've missed my icons, and my favorites list and my, well, my total green Dell. I will be so careful in how I treat it. No more will I unthinkingly pull the a/c adapter out callously - no more will I have it set up in an odd deformed manner just for my comfort and no more will I think my computer is not really my last 'baby' that I need to protect from evil ones ......ie: anyone other than myself.

So, tomorrow starts another day for the mundane life my computer has to put up with: Looking up recipes, indexing 100's of names, seeking out mapquest, finding cheap flights to San Diego, you know, the normal day to day stuff. But here I am, staying up late tonight, touching, typing, teasing, tabbing, even tormenting my keys, because I have missed them so.
I will be blogging tomorrow, you can bet on that, but about what, I do not know. I shall try to find something interesting - more than my Alford tag, but don't hold your breath - just come back again tomorrow. Right now my keys are telling me how much they have missed me too.
Ahh....it's nice to be missed!

2 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

"TEASING" your computer keys, Mom? Do I even want to know what that entails?
"I'm going to push you, number '5' key, I really will, I promise, here comes my left hand pointer finger, it's hovering, ready to press, ...... but not this time!! (evil laugh) You fool! Why would I reach completely out of my way to use you, number '5' key, when my fingers are already in place to easily type 'FIVE'. I mean, really, you're not THAT cool to look at. Maybe if you were the number '7' I'd use you. So sleek, so straight, so..... seven-y. Better luck next time '5'."

Shirl and Bill said...

Maybe I should rethink how I treat my computer. I can't believe a person can be so connected to a COMPUTER.!!! But that's Becky for you. Just kidding. I wonder what will become of us when there is (no more indexing) whoooooo.
Withdrawl? Love the blog....