Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday at Frys

As is the norm with the LDS crowd, we hit the grocery stores on Saturday night to make sure we have everything needed to get us through Monday morning so we don't have to shop on Sunday. Doug and I did a quick little run to our local Fry's. I only needed 3 things. But as usual when I take Doug, we always come away with a few more items. My three listed items were as follows: potatoes, milk and eggs. We came home with more than that. The 10 lb. bag of potatoes were the first in my cart, we pushed to the back of the store and picked up the milk and eggs and after a few more aisles we looked down the freezer aisle at the ice cream. We pick up a Cookies and Cream flavor. At the end of the ice cream aisle was the juice and because Doug is our famous Smoothie maker (that is NOT a joke), we decided that he needed to have a few more juice choices for the next time he made us some. We looked through the glass doors and when he picked one out he went to open the door and it couldn't open more than about 4 inches because of a shelving unit of liquor that was right in front of it. Now, I'm not a store manager, never have been, but I can bet that having that shelving unit sit in front of a freezer door is really not good stratagy for selling the items that must sit in that freezer section. We could tell that the shelves had been recently moved because of the stain on the floor, so Doug, being Doug and a man, decided to shoulder move the unit back to its first sitting spot freeing the door for us to get the juice out that he wanted. In my mind I thought it would have been possible for him just to open the door next to first one and stretch through for his juice choice, but no. And then in my mind I could see all the bottles jiggle and sway while he moved the shelf - oh wait- that was in real life. Thank goodness nothing fell. (I have no idea how much that have cost us if one or all would have fallen)! Okay, so now for the fun story. When we got home we put away what needed to be and left the rest for in the morning since we would be using them. When I looked at the potato bag in the morning, I saw this humungous potato. Okay, not only 1, but the whole bag! It was crazy funny. If they weren't long, which most were, they were on the hefty side. So, I took Mister Mega Potato around my home for a few pictures....enjoy.








And of course the part you all look forward to....my heart finds for the day....Scrap of cornbread dumped in my sink.













Banana bread baking....In my dishwasher after loading the dishes. After I ran down the hall for my camera, the heart shape it wasn't too good.

Now these last two photos are of Doug. We were at Kai's 5th birthday party and we guess Doug was kind of tired because he fell asleep watching Kai open presents. Too funny Doug!



Love ya hon!

5 comments:

Jillian Crockett said...

Your shopping trip with dad sounds exactly like mine and Jonathan's shopping trip! In fact just this Saturday the same thing occurred. My list was eggs, milk, and some fruit. We came home with listed items as well as two big bags of cereal and FIVE boxes of Ice Cream Sandwiches/Bars!! Jonathan said that they are on sell for an "unbeatable" price!! Love it! Plus I just enjoy not having to shop alone.
Also I miss catching dad in all his crazy sleeping positions! I am not sure a little kid could even sleep in some of the positions he does!

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

OK, I was honestly laughing at loud at the potato pictures!!! And I can honestly say I have yet to see ONE heart! How do you see so many? Maybe I will start looking. But I don't want to copy you, so maybe I'll look for stars, or squares, or triangles.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

laughing OUT loud

Shirl and Bill said...

That is hilarious! (s) Talk about big taters!....

DeWitts said...

Oh good, you found Brooklyn's sunglasses. Tell ginormo-tater they are only his on loan.