Saturday, March 5, 2011


Wow! I look really tired in this video (or maybe old?). Thursday night we had a little scare with Grandpa DeWitt who has been staying with us for a few days. Wednesday night he took a pretty bad fall here in our driveway after walking we had walked Toby around the block. He was in pain Wednesday, but made it through the night and then felt like he needed to get up to Snowflake to see Alan, his doctor. I left here at 7pm and got to Showlow (where the hospital is) around 11:pm. Grandpa's blood pressure was 198/99!! Terribly high!! Alan was a little concerned he might be having heart problems right then. I stayed until 1:30am, then drove into Snowflake to stay at Alan and Linda's home. They weren't sure if dad would need to stay in the hospital, but he didn't and Alan drove him to his home around 3 or 4. All is well now. Dad had a few digestive problems that was wrecking havoc on his whole body and with the fall he went into some kind of 'trauma' or 'shock' thing. Scary to say the least. But he felt fine Friday morning and wanted to get back down to Mesa where he had a granddaughter who was having a birthday party!

4 comments:

DeWitts said...

That's scary about grandpa!
Brookie would have been excited and not scared to have Dora waiting for her in the shower!

Shirl and Bill said...

take care of Grandpa......

Jillian Crockett said...

Oh that silly man I am glad he is okay!! But Mom why did the drive to Show-low take that long? Snow? Also I liked the video I thought you looked great! The Dora head totally scary. I am not sure why you cut off your chin the whole time though. . . ? Zit?

becky d said...

We had a few potty stops on the way and I actually drove pretty much the speed limit or slower. I was so scared to run into an elk! And we went straight to Showlow so that was an extra 30 or 45 minutes. That is why it took so long. And for the chin part - No I didn't have a zit. That's as far as my arms could hold out the camera. Thanks for reminding me I'm almost a midget.