Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ladybug birthday

Last week, on my birthday, I went to Scottsdale to have a facial. I had bought (or is it boughten?) a Groupon bargain for 3 facials. http://www.groupon.com/subscriptions/new?division_p=phoenix. Check out your own cities specials. Anyway as I came home I needed to run into WalMart for a few items and when I came back outside to my car, guess what I saw?
Yep, a ladybug. Some of you know that I love ladybugs. I have for as long as I can remember and some of you right now are saying - sure, she's just wanting something to write a blog about, which is true, but I wanted to validate myself and my love of ladybugs so I went digging in my old photos. And your in for a treat. I found one of my favorite outfits that my mom had made. Check it out. This picture was taken at my Uncle Sherman's house in July 1970. Now, I found another one taken with my same favorite outfit: This is at Glen Canyon Dam on our way up to Springville, Utah in July 1971. I guess I didn't grow too much that year, but my hair did! Anyway - I can remember taking this picture. We three girls had just had a fight about something and those two were on the same side of the argument so I had to grab Suzie, the dog, to at least feel like someone was on my side of what ever the quarrel had been about. I think Suzie liked me the most anyway- okay 2nd to Mom - but here's a few pictures to show that fact too. Yeah, who's she sitting by? Trudy and I had to share an avocado. Maybe she thought I'd share with her. No, way....That was a delicacy for us!
And wanting to cuddle with?
Who is she closest to in this picture? Yeah, maybe Carrie. But I'm sure she was just in my arms a few minutes before. And here was my #1 activity of all times....Dressing her up and walking her in my dolly stroller. And yes, she would take a drink out of the baby bottle. (I don't see her dressed up her, but believe me, she got it often. (Check out my styling shoes! Shannon would love to have those now!)
Here are a few more 'down memory lane' pictures... My 2 sisters, Trudy, Carrie and me at Springville for Aunt Kathleen's reception. And this one is once again on our way to Utah in1967.
Thanks for all the cute dresses and hairdo's mom!

8 comments:

Lckevan said...

I LOVED looking at all those pictures! Thanks for sharing! And hope you see more ladybugs!

DeWitts said...

It must run in the family. I found a ladybug coming by our car after church and showed Lukas. He played with it on the way home and cried when it flew away. Suprisingly, he found it in the car again the next day and played with it again. Poor, poor ladybug.

Carrie Selin said...

I haven't seen most of those pictures before. And as far as Suzie goes - we all thought we were her favorite. But you tortured her more than we did - stroller and baby clothes and all. And in that last picture what on earth did you do to your fingers? They are heavily bandaged.

Shirl and Bill said...

Memories. What an imagination.
Ha ha ha Aren't those girls darling!!??

The Gardner Gang said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those yodeling dresses!!! Ha ha! They are actually pretty cute but when you put it with the little boy haircuts, it does. not. work. It totally looks like Brandon is wearing a dress when I see Trudy. Too funny!

polka dotted lady said...

My fingers got caught in a table saw. That really was not the heavily bandaged day - there were many that had gone on before that.

Jillian Crockett said...

Those pictures are hilarious!! You guys always had matching hairdos even when they were awful! You would think after cutting one and seeing how bad it was you wouldn't want to torture the others too! (no offense grandma) Also mom I cannot believe how much you look like Shannon in some of them.

Jillian Crockett said...

Oh also I LOVE your new blog layout! The wedding picture is awesome.