Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yeah!! Home from vacation. Okay, not really yeah for that, but yeah, now I have my wireless/fast Internet back. We stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier resort and you'd think with the 'hype' about these Wyndham places they would give you wireless Internet that works and that doesn't take 10 minutes to download anything you might need to look up. I have lots to tell you, so like last time, I'll try and do a day-by-day recap of vaca.......

Saturday October 9th: Got off later than we'd have liked. Not unusual for DeWitts though. I traveled with Carolyn and boys (not the reason we were late), Jason, Shannon and Allan. Shannon rode with Carolyn the whole way and here is what I got stuck with for 400 miles:
Either both sleeping (Allan claims reading) or a slap fest would erupt....
And here's something new for me - following - But Carolyn kept us moving along nicely.
Maybe it's time for me to step down as the Leader of the Pack driver. A new generation has come.
At one of our many stops. Really only 3. 2 Potty stops. 1 gas stop.
And as usual a heart I found. We had bought tomatoes from a lady who gets them from Utah. Yummy........
and this is almost a 2 heart 'heart'.
The shape and the bottom split.
Now this next picture happened before we left. Allan had helped on Conference Sunday with the cooking of the scones. Many times I told him to lay it in like a blanket - soft - and away from you. Well, he got nervous and dropped the dough in and the oil splashed on him. We have had many oil burns over the years, but never anything like this that actually shows the splash of the oil. So of course I had to take a photo. Be sure to click on this and enlarge it.

No comments: