Saturday, July 28, 2012

Alone in the RV

Nobody.  Alone.  Solitary.  Solo.  Single.  Individual.  Weird.  What more can I say.  I sit here at 8:31pm in the RV in Alan and Linda's driveway by myself.  It's totally odd.  Enough beds for 6....and now I'm here feeling abandoned but knowing that is not the case.  
Today was Snowflake's July 24th Celebration, which we also included a special birthday party for Dad who turned 90 years old on the 22nd.  The 24th has been tradition for those of us who can make it -we just do it.  We all camp out at Linda's home where there is space galore but this year was the first that we had to set up 2 tents.  All of Linda's kids were home - her 5 grown children + 4 spouses and 7 grandchildren - and with Grandpa living there, there was just no extra room for us to squish in.  Thus, Kevin, Jessii and Millie are in a tent and Carolyn's family are in a tent.  It has been lightly misting all afternoon which we love, but I hope the tent's hold the moisture out.  Brian luckily got to come this year because he happened to be coming back from a months stay in Tulsa, Oklahoma, doing medical residencying?  He planned ahead and got a room in Show Low, a 15 minute drive from here.  Doug and I had their children on Friday night because Brian and Celynda wouldn't be here until Saturday afternoon, and so the RV felt pretty full. But the kids have gone on with their mom and dad and Doug left for the valley.  So, here I sit.  Gosh......what should I do.  Read, watch a movie, eat more, sleep.....Probably all of these things.
No, I didn't go out and take a picture of me by our RV.  I just totally found this on the internet and I had to put it in because it was pretty darn close to the look of ours!  I'm not that gray yet!  But she is alone and that was the point.
I miss having Shannon and Allan up here.  They, if you'll remember from my last blog are in California.  I totally miss having Jill, Jonathan and baby Vin!  Jason and Stacey too!  And lastly, I miss Camden.

No comments: