Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday - missing the kids

It's 8:36pm on Thursday night.  I am in my jami pants and have been for 2 hours.  It's kinda weird.  As you all know, our 6 older children are married now and out of the home, so that leaves Shannon and Allan still here with us.  Since Wednesday morning they have been on a Student Council trip to California - with a little bit of beach and Disneyland thrown in, so don't feel sorry for them, but it is so quiet.  We haven't had the TV on all night (thanks to Pinterest for some of that time).  Doug is sleeping and I am soon headed that way.  I was sick Wednesday morning so it was kinda nice having the peace and quiet through the midmorning hours to rest and recoop a little bit -although I did have to go to work later in the afternoon.  However, I do miss them.  I think it's because I haven't finished 'growing' them up.  I know with my boys, I was ready and willing to let them go.  My girls it was harder to let them leave and with some of them, Jill, being so far away it is hard for me every day to not see, text, talk, call, etc., her or any of them.  So, I'm looking forward to S & A coming home soon.  I will be in Snowflake when they come home mind you, but I will at least know they are home - safe and sound.

1 comment:

DeWitts said...

Hmm...fitting. It almost seems like you are considering Allan one of "your girls" you're "not ready to let go of" in this post. :)