Monday, August 20, 2012

Well, it's Monday again and we 'girls' will be getting together to fix some meals for the week.  I think this is our fourth time and we all seem to be enjoying it.  It sure helps me to keep food coming for my family on busy days.  
Today I went to WalMart to buy a few things that I know are cheaper there....and came across this box of Rotini.  Now, the one on the left was the shape of Rotini I was going for, but the right one, um.....didn't match?  There were several boxes that way?.......Luckily I found 3 of the 'real' Rotini.  Shells in a Rotini box?  Get help Barilla.......

 Also, some exciting news.  We are in the process of remodeling me an official laundry room.  Yep, now that most of my kids are in their own homes and we are down to just 2 left, we feel it's the right time to make that laundry room.  My washer and dryer have always had a spot in the downstairs bathroom, but now it will have it's own space and I will actually be able to do laundry without having to share the spot with someone trying to dry their hair, brush their teeth, put on mascara, etc.  For the past few years Katie and Shannon had shared a bedroom for sleeping and then used the other basically for a walk'in closet.  It was nice but now that Katie has been gone for several months, it's time to get Shannon into one room and one room only.  Friday and Saturday we started with the demo. 
 We boxed, shoved and moved clothes into two closets - (thanks for sharing Allan)- and then the baseboards, carpet, pad and nasty dirt that seems to work its way all the way through the layers was taken up and out.  Doug installed a new window which needed to be done desperately.
  The plan is to build a wall about where Doug is kneeling in this picture.  

My laundry room will be to his 'aft' and the new wall will be the back of Shannon's new closet wall.  She will gain about 20 inches or so in her room, and although that doesn't sound like a lot, it will at least have the feeling of being much bigger.  
New window.



1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

The way you guys change walls around makes me wonder is that home structurally safe?? But that will be nice for you