Saturday, June 9, 2012



Sadly, I don't even remember the last time I posted and I know I should have looked, but I am so dang tired that I forgot.  I have been super busy lately.  I don't know if I mentioned this last time I was on here, but I had to prepare for our wards girls camp.  There were 21 girls - 6 leaders and one gentleman (to protect us from the  scary stuff).  He slept out in an RV while the rest of us slept in a 2 bedroom - 1 large loft cabin.  We were there for 3 nights and really had a great time.  It is mind-exhausting to have to plan and think for all that stuff.  Girls have to pass off certain requirements at camp.  Girls have to eat at camp: 3 meals and of course snacks each day....and a dessert each night.  Girls have to be nice - an extremely hard thing to hold onto for 4 days.....






Also a special visit from a sweet rap group.  They gave us some great stuff at camp!  Thanks girls- uh....rapsters.  Yeah, that's Shannon.  

On top of girls camp, I got a job.  I think I posted about it, but I am a stocker of grocery store magazines.  I have to tip my hat and say a big 'Thank You' to my mom, Shirley, for helping out last Friday.  What normally would have taken me 4+hours to accomplish, we finished in just over 2 hours.  She was amazing.  I was ready for her to say- 'Um....I'm leaving'.  It was fun working with her.  And I can tell I got most of my work ethics from her.  Thanks Mom.

Also, Kevin's wedding if finally a set-in-stone deal.  The date is June 29th, which is in less than 3 weeks.  Jessii, his fiance' is on her way here now.  She gets here tomorrow at 2pm.  We are excited, way excited.  Her sister, who has never been to America, will be with her and be the major 'chaperone' we needed for K & J.  And with her coming - although, she and sis will be staying in Kevin and her new home, we did major, deep cleaning.  Her family will be coming soon and we need places for them to sleep - and too, we will be doing one more 'renovation' spot in our home and then I hope to call it quits.  We are changing a smaller size bedroom, which is next to our bathroom/laundry room, into ONLY a laundry room, and  making a second bedroom a little larger.  All this and company JILL & JONATHAN coming from Hawaii!!  And bringing of course baby VIN!  Totally exciting!!!!  And in 5 weeks, Jason and Stacey will be getting sealed in the San Diego Temple.  It's a whirlwind of 'stuff' over here.  All of you are welcome to come join my world.



One more thing.  Doug and I, he was the gentleman that graced our camp out, celebrated our 33rd year anniversary up there!  Crazy right?  They surprised us with a 'delish' cake and cute plaque, that is hanging on my living room was as I type. I'll try to get a picture of it and blog it later.   It was so thoughtful of them all to think of us.  Thanks ladies!  And girls too!


1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

That makes me tired even reading about your busy days!!!!