Friday, June 15, 2012

I went out to the garden a couple of days ago and found this funny tomato.  It sat on our kitchen counter for a while -probably because we weren't sure if we should eat it or just look at it and feel sorry for it...
Anyway, this morning Doug said 'This tomato looks like it has a pimple.'


I can see it, I guess.  It's a pretty big pimple.  
Then I told him 'I think it looks like a ponytail.  
Allan, thought it looked like a goatee.  Shannon never gave her opinion.
 

 So, then I sat there, for probably 45 minutes making more things up for you all to enjoy.  First - another girl with a side ponytail and her umbrella.  Next a fish...then a funny looking bird - or a 'toupee' man with a large nose....





What about a punk rocker with a Mohawk and nose ring?

I want you all to know that I only left the kitchen table one time to go to the craft room and get 'googly eyes, and wire clippers.  Can you tell my kitchen table must have lots of 'junk/craft stuff' on it?
 Lastly, I need to tell you that if you are trying to 'make something' that looks like it is blowing a bubble, make sure you are using bubble gum....I must have chewed for 10 minutes just to realize that the strawberry flavor gum does NOT allow you to blow bubbles easily and that's even with 2 pieces!  So then I had to dig through our gum basket (sorry, just remembered I had to go to the kitchen counter for the gum basket), hoping to find bubblegum - chew IT another 10 minutes to get pliable and then blow a hundred bubbles to get just the right photo.  Yeah, bubble gum, or gum in general, is not my favorite morning - um- food.....hunger suppressor....breath freshener....digestive aid.....curbing my appetite....Studies are showing that gum chewing helps speed recovery after stomach and intestine surgeries. Chewing gum gets saliva flowing, stimulates hormones in your gut and in your pancreas all which enhance bowel function.  (found on a website)


 Yeah, I didn't chew it for any of those reasons....just to get this last tomato guy picture.
Oh, I forgot, I had to get out of my chair to find him shoes.  The are guitar picks that were in our junk drawer.  Shirt/pants/hands all courtesy of one of Jessii and Kevin's wedding envelope.  Colored pencils left out for Grand kids to color their 'monster truck/Ben 10/whatever' printed out pictures.

2 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Awesome! I loved it ALL!! The funniest part is that, in the end, you took note of how long it all lasted. Ha ha! The bubble guy with pic shoes was totally worth all the chewing your jaw had to endure.

Shirl and Bill said...

Hmmmmm...that tomatoe got an auful lot of attention.