Wednesday, June 20, 2012

 I really started this on Tuesday, but my brain and computer, sometimes do NOT work together.  I call and beg for my daughter to come by and help.  Luckily she can and does and does NOT make me feel too stupid.  Anyway, this is a tribute to my DADs.
This is my family - in one of my very favorite photos, back in 1968.  I think we were living in Sunnyslope, Arizona, but I'm not real sure.  My dad's name is Stanley.  He always had a crew cut.  He always cut his fingernails in church with a KNIFE!  He had a cute little giggle for his laugh.  These are my 2 sisters, Trudy and Carrie.  My mom, which you met back in a February blog, Shirley.
This must have been dad's work photo.  I'm not sure exactly what he did for a living, but he worked at GE, which later changed to Honeywell out in north Phoenix.  
Here is one of the things my dad enjoy...fishing.  I think this might have been after I was married.

This is 'Ole Green'.  We loved that truck.  He would let us sit up on the fenders, straddling the blinker light, and then jump off when we saw a can.  I didn't realize that he probably recycled them somewhere, we just thought it was fun to sit up there.  I never once got to drive the truck and it has since been given to my oldest sister, who has taken very good care of it.  I think

June 1, 1979.  Both my 'dad's'


 For some odd reason I took this picture and I think it was because we had hidden money in his Christmas gift under the candy.  It was a loan he had given us - we don't normally give money as gifts.
My dad passed away shortly before his 70th birthday.  

This is probably very close to the time I first met Doug's family.  Brad (Doug's little brother) is not really holding that bass up, it was attached to the wall. 
Dad DeWitt was a music teacher for many years.

Another one of my very favorite pictures.  Every time I see this photo it brings the same emotion that I had when it was taken.  Brad returning from his mission.  I love this.
Almost falling off the trampoline at our Drew Circle home.

Brian....are you trying to 'pooch' or is that all you?
Silly Grandpa DeWitt.  He won this at one of our White Elephant get-togethers.  I think he really liked it.  






 And finally.  My most favorite picture of me and Dad DeWitt.  We were sitting at a July 24th parade and we just snapped this.  Luckily we got it before the firetruck came by!

Happy Father's Day....late....to both my Dads!

4 comments:

Carrie Selin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Selin said...

You're off by 10 years on dad's age when he died. He was almost 70 years old. But I loved the post and the pictures.

DeWitts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeWitts said...

Of course that's not really my ponch mom! Do you see 6 clearly demarcated abdominal muscles taking form beneath the skin-tight shirt I'm wearing?! That would have probably been more realistic around the time that picture was taken...right?!

(Sigh!)

Today I might look more like that (and I probably wasn't trying too hard to ponch my ponch)