Monday, June 11, 2012


 Saturday morning we left our home at 4:28am to head about an hour away to the church welfare farm.  It was still dark although this photo would beg to differ.  When we, Doug, me, Shannon and Allan, got there we found out we were clearing out irrigation ditches.  I'm sure S & A would have moaned and groaned, but their dad promised them a financial 'reward' for the work happily done.  (As previously mentioned they are earning money for a Student Council trip the end of July).  So, work they did - as you will see in the photos Shannon's work was a bit different then Allan's.  We had to dig out all of these nauseous weeds along, next to, in and around the canal.  The stickers would get in your glove and you could not pull them out.  UGH!!


 We tried this picture 3 times.  For some reason Allan's shovel kept getting in Doug's face.  Hmm.. Allan.
It's not funny Shannon.




Pig tails for me today.

 Also promised was a trip out to breakfast - wow, these kids are costing us a fortune!
 While Carolyn was running her full MARATHON in Utah, Allan had his breakfast/pancake marathon here.  He did well - with his assistant Shannon, helping along the way.
Now, an embarrassing story.  Last night we picked up Kevin's fiance', Jessii and her sister Millie at the airport, came home and had a few extra of Kevin and Jessii's friends over for Sunday dinner.  While they were wonderful to help clean up and load their dishes and put away food (Thanks Tanner!), all of the heavy duty Sunday pans and dishes were left to do today.  I had a meeting at 10am and with a few things to do this morning did NOT get them done before that time.  So I hurried and shoved them in the oven and microwave.  Believe me, they are jammed in there.



 I made a short video showing what my counter looked like after having washed the 40+ dishes and 24+ silverware, but I can't find it to download it.  I know you would all have liked to have seen that.  Sorry.  Just imagine my whole kitchen counter full to the brim.  And they are still there.  I'm pretty sure my kids did not come running home from Summer School to do their chores.  By 9pm another chore will be added for tomorrow.  hehehe......


2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

I'm not going near that house till I know the mess is cleaned up!!!

Carrie Selin said...

I want you to be my parents. Getting paid for a church welfare service assignment is way cool! Plus breakfast to boot. I know you always wanted 9 kids, right?