Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WE'RE BACK!

Good'ay Mates! Yep. I never heard that once while we were over in Australia. Hmm... a lot of dearies and lovies ('lovie, can you pass the vegemite?', or 'what would you like to order dearie'. Oh yeah, and a lot of ma'ams, but with their accent it sounded better).
Well, it was a massive whorl-wind of activity and I don't think we ever had one day of down time. Yes, we got to go to a free-roaming wildlife park so I guess we could consider that free time, but to get there was nearly 1 1/2 hours drive. I didn't care too much for the driving, but we did it ALOT! We drove so darn much that I kind of got used to the driving being on the left side of the road. And yes, I did do some of the driving - although the round-abouts made me very nervous....so most of my driving (or maybe all of it) was out on the divided thorough fares where I couldn't get into too much trouble. I have tons of pictures to post, but I need another day or two to get my brain back into America time. I have been awake since 2:30 this morning and read so magazines thinking that would get me tired, but all it's done is made my brain think of a hundred things that need to get done before Katie's wedding!! Yikes - 11 days!?! We are working hard on chair decoration flower things (photos to come) and these lampshades that she is covering in doilies (also, picture to come). It should be darling - my only concern right now is the weather. It only got up to 58 degrees yesterday! Brrrr...... Zip up my cardigan - throw on my super-soft socks with my flip flops! It's cold! I hope it warms up for her reception because its an outdoor one.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Brings back memories of a fun, interesting trip to the Aussie land. We loved their way of talking. It always sounds better when they say it. I wonder why?
Did you get any of that famous dessert? Plabova or what ever it is dearie?