Tuesday, February 1, 2011

painting the house.

Today I rode my bike. I think it was only 2 miles, but it felt like a lot more. It's been too long. However, I loved it. It makes me wonder why I don't just do it?! I miss walking and talking with my best friend, but riding fills the place of those walks and just makes me feel better.

Okay, now it's catch-up time on some of our projects these last few weeks.
Before Kevin came home we had a wish list. One of those was to paint the house. We have had several samples painted on the front of the house for probably one and a half years. We bought the paint at least 1 year ago and it has just been sitting in the garage. Here are some pictures of that family event.
Allan removing something. Or was he just posing for the camera?
Katie power washing.......
Where is Shannon? With Luke and Brookie. I guess that's okay. The swing was set up so we could watch the washing!
It was kinda messy:


Sorry about my laugh. It's embarrassing for me to listen to.
Oh, Carolyn showed up.....
Wow! What a difference! Now, on to the painting. Sadly, Doug is the only one who knows how to work the painting gun, so guess who did most of the painting? He has, in the past, allowed me to 'give it a try' and has quickly taken the gun back from my hands. Allan did a small part of the house and did well, so maybe the paint gun will be left in our will to Allan.
When Doug would get home, he would start right in and work and work and work. I would actually be out there holding flashlights, yes, not just one, but one in each hand so he could see!


Our finished home.
And our final fixture was a new garage door! I love it!!

3 comments:

Jillian Crockett said...

A-MA-ZING!! I love it!! It is a shame you and dad didn't pass the hard-working gene along to your children!

Shirl and Bill said...

Yes, indeed, it does look good.!!

becky d said...

Jill, didn't you see all the hard work that the kids did.....um....squirting off the walls and um....swinging the little kids in the swing and um....using a screwdriver for something? Yep, we passed along the strong work ethics.