Monday, February 14, 2011

Kevin's chair

First of all, I have a super funny blog coming tomorrow - but I need to draw a picture to go with it because we didn't have a camera with us when this event happened.


Nine days before Kevin came home I started to reupholster this chair that Kevin had dumpster-dove (?) for several years ago. I wanted to have it done before he came home, but I went slightly over that date.

Here's a few pictures of the reupholster process: Dirty, icky, disgusting - out to the trash.







Anyway, it's been done for a week or so now, but I just didn't know where to put it in my home. Here was the dilemma: Where should the chair go? I thought in the Living Room..... Nope. Too crowded. Covers my curio cabinet. How about our new piano bench? Cute, but, no? The new head chair at our table? In Allan's room? My bedroom? The girls dressing room? No, but the color kinda looks good with it.....At the computer? The Family room?Or the laundry room....which is our downstairs bathroom, so probably not. That would be a bit awkward. So this is where it is going to end up. Kevin's room.
I was thinking of leaving it in the garage, but here is what my mind envisioned after a day or so..... Get it? It wasn't going to stay in the garage. Speaking of my garage. As most of you know, we recently got a new garage door (12 yrs in the waiting), but it has two special features...(and most of you probably already know because you have a neat garage door) one.....a thermostat (lights up in the dark) And two, a light that senses when you walk in and it turns on automatically! Sweet. I love it!

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh mom.... you're too funny. I loved all the pictures of possible homes for the chair. It kinda seemed out of place anywhere you put it. Ha ha....the dining table!! I think this chair was meant to be with Kevin always.