Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4, 2011. So do you say that two-thousand-eleven or twenty-eleven? I can’t figure out which way sounds right or coolest. Twenty-eleven certainly is quicker. But every time I go to say it, it comes out two-thousand-eleven. Not that I’m saying it that much, but it’s only been 4 days and I know I’ve said it at least 4 times already.
Today is Shannon's birthday. My #7 child is turning 15. Crazy I know. Another driver (insurance is a killer) in a few months.

That was the start of my blog yesterday. I had other pressing matters that needed my attention and now that they are done I am able to concentrate on this. I think I started my blog one year ago on January 4th! My bicycling adventures, I'm sure, were something you looked forward to each day. For a while I posted every day. Some were good, some were boring, but I hope you had a little bit of fun reading them.
Our New Year's card will be heading your way today. I need to stamp them and lick the envelopes closed, but they are done. Probably next year you should be anticipating our 'Holiday card' around Valentine's Day. We are now gearing up for Elder Kevin's return. In 21 days he will step off the plane and into the hugs of us all. (Okay - not any of you single girls out there). Alot has happened while he was gone. For one thing, he got a new Brother-In-Law, Jonathan: Here he is on the left, helping us break the law. Here they are at the Dole Pineapple Plantation:Pineapple ice cream. My vote is still out on it.
And here he is loving our daughter Jill.
And each of these kids have grown two years. I will have to post 'before & after' pictures in a few weeks. I will thank all of you who read this and say a 'happy anniversary' to the life of blogging. My bike riding will resume soon.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Great blog. Yes,,,,um,,,, bike riding...I think I will be joining you???? I'm looking.
Kevin will see some big differences
It will be good to see him...