Tuesday, November 2, 2010

last half of Knottsberry

After lunch was over and we had hit the bathroom, empty bathroom, might I remind you, we went to probably my most favorite ride - Raging Rapids. As you can see it is a large intertube thingy where 6 people can sit in it and basically get wet. Over the years, especially since we visit in October, we have learned to bring ponchos. It isn't too fun to be wet all day in October. Some brave the water 'poncho-less' and suffer the consequences. I prefer to have fun and then be somewhat dry for the rest of the day. In the past, pre-poncho days, we either were close enough to our hotel to go and change or we brought a change of clothes and left them in the car. But I have wised up. Yes, sometimes it is a pain to carry a backpack of ponchos, but not with strollers and certainly the benefit outweights this burden. This year we had to throw a couple of them out after our stint on the ride. After years of use, the rips and tears were not much protection against the raging waters. As you can see, this ride does not allow little ones to ride, so Grampa and I stayed out the first few rounds. (If the day is slow at Knotts, the workers just let you stay on until there is a line or you just want off. The day was slow, so we got to ride it over and over again).
Carolyn and Celynda get off.
Now it was our turn to ride:
A few of us got wet and some got soaked. Losers.
After this we went to a Wild West show. Here is how all of us felt about it: I'm right there with you Griffin.
A few more kids rides ; Snoopy Mail Drop, The Great Skate.
Treyson not being able to do much. Okay, so here is my heart of the day. Brian gets credit for this one. It is on Brookie's blanket. They say it is chocolate. I can only take their word on that.
Well, this is the end of our day at Knottsberry Farm. I can really say it is one of our families favorite places to be. In the next few blogs I will put our beach pictures on.

No comments: