Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1 out of 3

Today I was a mean mom. Okay, everyday I'm the mean parent so this is not really any news to any of my kids. However - Allan has promised to start his running again. He was setting records last year and thus, we know he has a talent for running. Last year he won in his age group at the Gilbert Days 5k run. (and by the way, Carolyn won in her age group and ALL women group!) So I have been after him to start up with the running group that runs at 8am at his school and since he hasn't done that I 'forced' him (as he tells me) to run around the block with me while I rode the bike.


I told him - 'three times around the block is about 1 mile so let's do that much.' 'No thanks' he replied. 'Um, no choice for you' I say. 'Mom'. 'Find your shoes, I'll get my bike'. 'MOM!'. 'Hurry, I'll meet your in the driveway'. 'MOOMMMM! You're forcing me to run when I don't want to'. 'Let me dry my tear, Allan'. 'MOM!' 'Allan, lets think of it as bonding time - just you and me time.' 'MOM! NO!' (coming in from being outside), 'It's cold out there this morning, Al, you might want to look for sweats or something'. 'I don't have any'. 'I'll look for some in Dad's drawers'. 'Mom, they'll be too big - they'll just fall off of me while I run'. 'Here Allan, wear these'. 'Dad's jamies? NO MOM'! 'Fine with me, let's go'. (walking down the stairs) 'Mom, I don't want to run'. 'Sorry'.


So off we went. He being a dorkus and me with a flatish back tire. We made it around the block one time. 1 out of 3. It's a start.


I can't find my picture of my hat and gloves -but they were needed this morning. And because I had 'whiney' boy with me - I shared my gloves and got cold. I guess I'll take half the blame of ending after 1 lap. So much for bonding time. A total of 4 minutes was not much time to use to bond.Whiney boy.

No comments: