Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shannon is 16!!!

Today is Shannon's birthday! I decided to do a blog about her. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with her and I feel terrible now, but I was a crying mess. I just figured we had our 'quiver' full of kids - 6 was a good number, and then to find out that another one was coming just as I was about to send #5 off to kindergarten?.......man oh man.....









I just want her to know how much we adore her and we are glad she was sent to our family! She has been blessed with a gift of singing, like her dad - and most of her other brothers and sisters - which they won't admit to. She enjoys being with friends, wants to be in more plays, loves her new IPod touch, and clothes. I can't tell you how much she loves clothes, but I will say that she and Katie changed a whole downstairs bedroom into a 'walk-in' closet for the both of them and when Katie moved out, we thought it would have been downsized, but nope, it still looks the same.....Katie, did you take ANY clothes with you when you moved out?


January 4, 1996 - 9lbs. 5 1/2 oz.

Grandma and Grandpa DeWitt were both at the birth of Shannon.


August 1996. Brian seemed to like her when she was born. He loved to be the one to take her out of Sacrament meetings if she cried.
Her first snow!! Thanksgiving 1996, Snowflake. Get a load of dad!
The only way she could get her share of ice cream! Summer 1997.


She did a Hawaiian dance class through the city of Mesa. Summer 2002
She tried and out made (!) it into a play put on by the East Valley Children's Theater.....It Happened in Hamelin. June of 2006. (I think she was the bakers daughter).


And here she is turning 12 and the


Young Women welcoming her with a 'heart attack'.
Out in the 'giddy-up' with Trey...


Spiking the ball on the Mesa High club team.... In the pool at BankOne Ball park watching a LA Dodger/Diamondback game. Thanks Jonathan! Jill and Allan are in the picture too!

And last but not least, one of my favorites..!
Sleep well Shannon. Sleep well.

No comments: