Monday, January 9, 2012





About 2 years ago I found these 'trays' at Deseret Industries for $2 each. (thanks for modeling it Allan). Each tray was about 2 feet long and about 9" wide. There were 6 or 7 of them so I bought them all thinking that someday I would find a use for them. Last Christmas - yes, more than a year ago- I had this great idea to ModgePodge them with Christmas paper. We would then bake some loaves of bread or cookies or whatever, and put them on the trays and deliver them to our good friends. We got 1 finished and had 2 more started, but they didn't get delivered out.


So this Christmas, using three of them, I painted them Griffin, Kai and Treyson's favorite colors. I pulled out my dusty, trusty Cricut machine and found some vinyl sheets to cut out their names and the words 'art' & 'work'. I added some cork board squares on them for the boys to put their artwork.




I'm sure they would have preferred toys. However, I had fun making them.

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Hmmm, clever idea. I'll bet they love having their own tray!!

Jillian Crockett said...

So cute mom!! I love it!