Monday, December 20, 2010

Hancocks - Christmas Party

So we took a quick trip up to Snowflake on the 4th of December. I'm not sure I've posted about it yet, but since I downloaded some pictures of that event - I thought I'd mention just a few things about our trip. Our good friends Greg and Karla were getting sealed in the Snowflake Temple. We were glad they invited us to go up and join them. (We were slightly nervous though, because we didn't make the one day trip up for Thanksgiving - and here we are making a trip up for 'non-family'.) We had Karla's daughter ride up with us who is one of Shannon's best friends and we also took Jeff so Uncle Alan could look at an ingrown toenail. Along the way we had to stop and play in the snow. They are all throwing at me right here and if you pull up the picture you can see all of their snowballs. Allan's hit my camera. Shay and Shannon's snowman. A little help was given by Doug and Allan too.


Allan needed a potty break along the way. At the Snowflake Temple. Doug goofy. Ever since we moved into this ward Greg and Shannon have had this friendship. It's been fun to see him help her grow up with his unconditional love for her. Thanks Greg for helping us to raise her!! Grand kids on top of Grandpa's truck. Can you tell we're not in Snowflake anymore? Shorts, no shirts, barefoot. I love Mesa winter weather.
Shannon's Christmas Concert. Katie couldn't stay out of the camera shots.
Our ward Christmas party was this past Friday. Here are a few of the items we worked on for the dinner. These buckets came from a story I read called 'The Red Buckets'. They represent service and giving to others. The whole month before the party I had asked the ward members to secretly do service acts to family or neighbors, teachers, etc. We made 150 of them. Also, we wrapped 200 packets of silverware.
I have also been taking a sewing class for my serger machine. It is on Fridays and last Friday, the 10th, I was really thirsty so I broke down and bought a water. There are drinking fountains around the school, but I decided to spend $1.25 for a water just to have with me in class. My water came out and I heard clunking from the machine and I was thinking it was just setting itself up for the next customer, but, no, another water came out. Bottle #2. And wait, yes, more clunking and bottle #3 appeared. So, there you have it. 3 water bottles for $1.25. I felt better about my splurge. A sad story to my class though - I had a final I had to take on Friday, the 17th. Our teacher said it would take less than an hour. I had gone down to the church to finish decorating and realizing that I needed a few more things for the party I got to running around and completely forgot about my final. I'm hoping that I'll at least get my credit hours for attendance and the projects I had to make. I guess I'll see. Fog on Friday.
My heart findings coming up next.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Hearts??? o k I can sort a see a heart....as you say stretching the imagination