Sunday, March 24, 2013

HURRAY!!  I am finally done.  I have finished reading President Monsons biography, "To The Rescue".  It has taken a long time, and I have started books that I am reading right along with it, so I am happy to place this book back on the shelf and not have it laying next to my bed in my 'reading pile', to sneak a few pages in before the day begins.  His life is truly an example.  If there was someone famous we had to be stranded on an island with, I think I would chose him.




With an occasional drop in by Brian Regan to bring us some needed supplies and to give us a show with some new material to share.  Who doesn't like this guy?!!
  
Okay, I know that is ridiculous, but those are two people whom I'd chose to spend a 'Day in the Life of....'.
Last night there were 4 of Doug's siblings and their spouses that had a rare opportunity to go out and eat together.  We went to Cheesecake Factory, my fav, and enjoyed it.  With a menu that is, might I say, another 'book' in and of itself, it was hard to make a decision as to what to eat.  I LOVE their chicken piccata, but wanted to try another dish and so I texted Carolyn and asked what she usually got and so that is what I went for: Crispy Chicken Costoletta.  Delish!!  The plate is served with 3, YES 3, chicken breasts, and I quote: 'Chicken Breast Lightly Breaded and Sautéed to a Crisp Golden Brown. Served with Lemon Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Asparagus.

I choose not to eat the asparagus and passed those along to Doug.  I did end up bringing home 1 1/2 of the chicken and at least half of the mashed potatoes that were served along with my chicken!  The portions are HUGE there.  Anyway, I know what my after church snack (meal?) will be.  

We missed having Diane & Tom and Gayle & Ed, but we all are looking forward to the 'Sibling' cruise planned for next summer to ALASKA!!!!  

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Yummy, sounds like a good dinner....

Carrie Selin said...

You're making me hungry! Want to bring some by to share?