Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sampson M Crockett

Today we will have a small service for our sweet Sampson M Crockett.  He was allowed to spend 2 days here on earth so we could fall in love with him completely.


Talking is Releasing

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one who died you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further,
The depth of my pain doesn't show.

Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.

I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending he didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that he will be missed.

You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine."
But healing is something ongoing.
I feel it will take a lifetime.

Elizabeth Dent



My Mom is a Survivor

My mom is a survivor, or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying when all others are in bed.

I watch her lay awake at night and go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her to help her understand.

But like the sands upon a beach that never wash away...
I watch over my surviving mom who thinks of me each day.

She wears a smile for others, a smile of disguise.
But through Heaven's open door, I see tears flowing from her eyes.

My mom tries to cope with my death, to keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her, knows it's her way to survive.

As I watch over my surviving mom through Heaven's open door...
I try to tell her that Angels protect me forevermore.

I know that doesn't help her, or ease the burdens she bears.
So if you get a chance, call to her, and show her that you care.

For no matter what you think she feels,
my surviving mom has a broken heart that time won't ever heal.

~K. D'Ormeaux


When No Words Seem Appropriate

~I won't say, "I know how you feel"- because I don't. I've lost parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and pets, but I've never lost a child. So how can I say I know how you feel?

~I won't say, "You'll get over it"- because you won't. Life will have to go on. The washing, cooking, cleaning, the common routine. The chores will take your mind off your child, but the hurt will still be there.

~I won't say, "Your other children will comfort you"-because they may not. 

~I won't say, "Never mind, you're young enough to have another baby"- because that won't help. A new baby can not replace the child you lost. A new baby fills your hours, keeps you busy, gives you sleepless nights. But it will not replace the one you lost.

So what will I say?

~I will say, "I am here. I care. Anytime. Anywhere." I will talk about your child. We'll laugh about the good memories. I won't mind how long you grieve. I won't tell you to pull yourself together.

~No, I don't know how you feel- but with sharing, perhaps I will learn a little of what you are going through.

~And perhaps you'll feel comfortable with me and find your burden has eased. Try me.

Written by a pediatric nurse, as submitted to Ann Landers







1 comment:

trudy said...

My prayers are with your family at this time..I am truly sorry for your loss.