Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shannon's first date

Wowser.....I can't believe I haven't written for so long....it's embarrassing. I promise I've been slightly busy and not just lazy. Yes, we finished our bathroom remodel and I'll have to find the pictures somewhere on my camera, but today I have other pictures to share. Last, last Friday, February 3rd, our Stake held a 'Mormon Prom'. First one I've ever heard about, but anyone and ALL people were invited as long as they held up the dress standards and dance etiquette - no bump, grind, slams allowed. Shannon was asked 3 days before the dance - her first real date and so we hustled to get her ready. She went with a boy named Rome in a borrowed dress from her good friend Aubrey with a group of about 10 kids.
She was so excited. (as you can see in the pictures).
A struggle with the boutonniere:
The standard prom photos.........The standard twirling of the dress.....

And the NOT so standard hairdo thanks to Carolyn. Shan ended up with a darling updo. We are sure glad Carolyn lives close by. If not for her Shannon would have ended up in a straight ponytail or braid!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

WOW! I can't believe little ole Shannon is old enough to date!!!HMMMM
She looks darling in the photos.....