Monday, June 6, 2011

new sub



I suppose I should have warned all of you that I would NOT be blogging too much for the next few weeks. I left last Monday, May 31, to go to girls camp up near Payson, at a place called Sharp Creek. It was beautiful. There will be a small blog about that later- with a few girls camp pictures - be prepared. We got home Friday, June 3rd around 10:30am and after a long shower and a quick nap, we (me, Allan, Katie, Brandon (friend of Katie), Kevin and Jessii (friend of Kevin and who's mom or mum as she says it, served a mission in Las Vegas), headed to Las Vegas. It takes about 5 hours to get there so it isn't too bad of a trip. We stayed until Sunday evening and then got home here about 11:30 last night.

Now, this morning, we had Allan's volleyball camp from 8 -10am. Shannon's summer school class started at 7:30am, both of these are held at Mesa High. Next we will have to pick up Shannon at 12noon and I will have to drive Allan to HIS summer class, held at Westwood High, a twenty-minute drive from here. It will be an interesting 6 weeks of school. But Allan wanted, or I should say we talked him into it, take his 9th grade English class over the summer and get it over with. Summer school is a 4 1/2 hour 3 week class, with no homework EVER - and to take both semesters it is 6 weeks and then they don't have to take that class for 9 months in regular school!! It is really a great program. By the time Allan is a senior he will only have to take 2 or 3 classes and be out by lunchtime!

Okay, one more thing......Doug and mys (?sp) anniversary was June 1st. 32 years! He surprised me by giving me this......


2008 Suburban. This is what I gave him.....wow. I feel bad.


He surprised me on Monday afternoon - so it got broke right in by taking it to girls camp. And then again right away to Las Vegas. This week however, it will get a break. Doug and I leave for Hawaii to see Jill, Jonathan and new baby Vin! We can't wait. My blog will be lacking for a week or so - unless I take lots of pictures of Vin. I also will be working on a music video of girls camp. But I'll try to post something along the way of our darling grandson. Take care.

2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

Sheesh, I'm bragging about 100,000 mils and you're getting a new car. We definitely CAN NOT keep up with the DeWitt's. Won't even try. You deserve it though. I'd love to go with you to Hawaii to see Jill and the baby. But it's not in my budget right now. Enjoy - and take lots of pictures!

Shirl and Bill said...

Busy, busy, busy, I keep missing you.....
See when you return I guess.