Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hello to you all. My computer ac adapter died without us knowing it and so now my computer battery life is depleted and I am on Jill's computer. We have been working hard here and grateful that we, Doug and I, got to be out here at this time. We arrived Wednesday and mostly just chilled. Jill and Jonathan live in a studio apartment so the blow-up bed we slept on is less than 6 feet from their bed and totally consumed the kitchen area. If anyone got hungry in the night it was just too bad. However on our second day here, Jill received an email letting them know that they were being allowed to move into a 1 bedroom unit and had only 4 days to do it. So after spending some time snorkeling on Thursday, we started moving them out Friday, with most of the bulky stuff moved on Saturday. We will have to finish just the last little stuff today, Sunday and then the final cleaning of the old one on Monday. It has been nice to be here to help them do it (Jonathan working and Jill in no shape to lift and move heavy stuff) and we actually have had a real bed to sleep on for the past 2 days. And when they have to turn in their keys on Monday - we will not feel too bad about the blow-up mattress, because we will at least be 15 feet away and a wall away. AND not blocking their kitchen area at all.
We are having a great time with little Vin but I don't dare download any pictures to post because I am using their computer. First on my list of things to do tomorrow is to drive into Honolulu (about 1 hour) and buy myself a new ac adapter. I have to work on my girls camp video!!! We are giving Vin lots of hugs and kisses for you all. Grandpa has the magic hands that can calm!

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Oh, I want to be there. Give Vin a hug. By the way I love the name. I kept trying to leave a comment on Jill's, blog but it shot me off...oh well

Stacey said...

Make sure you smell him a lot and kiss his neck for me!