Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I guess I should still try and blog every day because when I don't I have to tell a little bit about a lot of stuff and then my blog is crazy. I have been busy with girls camp stuff (no pictures). I leave in 2 weeks and 6 days, which seems like so far away, but we as a family have a few plans to do with Jessii that I need to hurry and finish the silly stuff just to be able to do the fun stuff.


Okay - a few weeks ago I colored my hair. I've been doing it since I turned 45ish. And with trial and error, I have found, with the help of Trudy, my favorite color.

L'Oreal Coleur Experte #80- Toasted Coconut. The past few times I'd been to WalMart, this particular color was not found. I went to Walgreens...not there. I tried Safeway and Bashas', but had no luck. I just assumed that it was no longer made so I bought, with a coupon of course, a different style of color - L'Oreal mind you, just not my Experte. Here is what I used instead.
After the dye job: Here it looks okay, but in real life, my family all stopped in their tracks. And Shannon audibly gasped when she walked in from school. I thought I would just leave it and get used to the darker 'blond'/reddish shade, but after her gasp, I went straight out and bought this: Now, I didn't have a whole lot of time because it was Wednesday and I was meeting with the girls for mutual to work on girls camp. This kit contained a plastic cap that you would pull hair through these little tiny holes and you could strategically place where you wanted your high-lights to be - um....no time for that, so I just took the mixture and started 'placing' it where I wanted my high-lights. Sadly, my hair turned out more like splotches. Almost like um.....leopard spots, with a few nice stripes here and there. On to mutual I went. Nothing was saiad, but I know I got a few funny looks. As time has gone by it has grown out/faded/I wear my hair in a ponytail. And the good news is, I've spotted my Coluer Experte in Fry's and once again in Walmart, so they just must have had a shortness of them when I needed it. Lesson learned? Have grey roots or stockpile.

Yesterday for school Allan had a presentation to do in his science class. The topic he ended up getting was smoking. He was supposed to argue both side. Yep. Go back and read that sentence again. After emailing his teacher with my silly concern, he said it was more of the smokers rights that he wanted than of the 'pro' side of smoking. Okay. Phew. So, Allan came up with a game using Doug's 'slap-box' (think of Family Feud), Doug's spin-wheel thing (think of Wheel of Fortune) and inside the covered can which is at the very bottom of the picture, are ping pong balls with letters (think of Lingo) that will fill in a word puzzle (think of Hangman). To be able to draw a letter out they must first answer a random question about smoking - Doug made a wonderful stand to hold his poster questions (think of a short easel). If they get the question right (all of them were multiple choice or true or false), then they pulled a letter and got a spin on the wheel which might give them another letter, or more time to figure out the puzzle. He put a lot of time into this. He didn't get the chance to do it yesterday, he is hoping today will be the day. Oh, yeah, he also added bonus wedges. If they land on this, they get to answer a pop culture question for a candy bar.

On Sunday we were playing Yahtzee Free For All. When it's you turn you roll your 5 dice and try to get what is on the 3 or more playing cards. Jason tried to cheat by using a 6th dice. I'm afraid the pink dice was a bit too obvious. Don't cheat on Sunday Jason.

Now for my hearts. It was a stretch on a few of them, but here goes. Allan was eating a Jimmy Dean sausage sandwich and said he saw a heart. I had to try several shots to get it.
Um, it was hard to see. I shouldn't really complain because I've heard from others that I'm pretty liberal with a few of my 'hearts'. (that's Allan's fingers. they kind of look old-manish. He needs lotion).
Make-up on my finger.
Elder Thomas' sore on his arm.
Some random girl at Shannon's volleyball tournament that had a 'pock' spot. I had to be brave to ask her if I could take a picture. My first one with a flash (dummy me) didn't turn out, so this was my second one. Too cute, right?!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Hmmmmm. Where to start.
Thank goodness for Clairol....
Hello science project....neato
Hearts, well that's another story