Thursday, January 24, 2013

RIP Daddy D....

Today I have a tender heart and tears that are ready stinging.  My sweet Dad-in-Law passed away last night .  He has mentally been ready to go for some time, wanting to be with 'Mama', who has been gone for several years, but because he had such an amazingly strong physical body, it just didn't want to give in.  
I have been a 'daughter' to this Dad for 34 years.  He, and 'Mom', were the nicest, most generous, sweetest in-laws anyone could have had or wanted.  The love they had for me was immediate and never once did I feel different then their 'original' children:  Gayle, Diane, Doug, Alan, Brad and Julie.  
I was accepted right in and felt it.  
The only family I knew that had a insturment on their home.

Bradleys mission homecoming.  Dad, a gentle giant in his teaching and love.
Being Grandpa and nearly falling off!

Christmas white elephant gift.  He loved to smirk for the camera.


This is my favorite picture of Dad.  And maybe it's because I was in it with him.  I will miss him terribly and I know my kids will miss their 'talks' with their Grandpa, even my inlaw kids, have had their time with him, getting advice or just a loving message that he felt they might need.




Take care Grandpa.  We already miss you and our hearts will be heavy for your physical love.  Give Grandma and Sampson a big hug for us, enjoy being with her and your family again.  Until we meet again.

2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

So sorry to hear he's gone. A wonderful man with a wonderful family!

Shirl and Bill said...

He leaves a big space in many hearts..... He is with others he loves