Monday, May 21, 2012


the whole 'cruise' gang!  Looking forward to our next one...Alaska
Holding hands!  Ed and Gayle

Brad and Brenda


Julie and Isabelle (is that a sad face we're seeing?)
Xander is doing okay!

 I love this first photo of Alan and Linda!  The second one was more to catch the scenery!

 Of course a heart was spotted.....As I had to stand at my, um...I forget what it's called....the place where they give you instructions about how to put on your life vest in case we crash, etc., the flourscent light had a paint mark on the corner.  Yep, a perfect heart!


This one I think was in my crock-pot after cooking our roast.

Okay, this is good.  As some of you know I am into Pinterest.....a lot....and some of the comments on there are about how lame we 'pinners' are by just sitting and pinning neat things but never really doing much about them.  So, one of the things I pinned was this ant pesticide that for sure would get rid of ants.  You take 1 cup of sugar, 3 Tablespoons of Boric Acid and 3 cups of warm water.  Soak cotton balls in a lid, maybe even dribbling some of the 'juice' along the side of the lid, and wah-la the ants will come.  And come they did.  Our counter color is one where we don't always see the ants until they are attached to a piece of bread we are about to eat ( I know, you all went....eeewww.....) and so I wanted to give this a try.It worked!  This was the first day.  We still had a few ants the second day, but by far less.  I love it!  

Also, I haven't blogged too much because of a few reasons.  I got a job.  Yep, a real job.  I am a stalker.  I stalk magazines at 2 Fry's grocery stores in the area.  I'll see if it's worth staying, but I like it so far.  I work 2 days a week, about 4 hours each of those days.  It's slightly embarrassing to put out publications like: Enquirer, Soap Opera Digest, the Examiner, but of course I get all the fun ones too.  
Also, I have working my buns off, yes, I need to lose weight from the cruise food, but I really haven't seen to much success there yet, but it feels like I'm working them off, for girls camp.  I am the camp director once again this year.  It is a ward year, so we will be staying at a cabin,  more of a rustic cabin this year instead of the wilderness Stake camps.  The cabin only has one flush-able toilet so we have rented a Porta John.  They will only be allowed one flush visit a day - other than that it's out in the outhouse for the rest of the time.  If we had to pay for it out of the budget, we are going to make them use it, by golly!   We are still tweaking a few things like these name things, but all in all I think we are ready and anxious to go!  Maybe anxious to get it over with?  
My Mother's Day blog will be coming soon!  

2 comments:

DeWitts said...

Mom, you are not a stalker. Those people hang out outside your house just to catch a glimpse and then they follow you to your destinations. Stalking is what they do. These people are creep-os and you should keep pepper spray in STOCK if you ever had a stalker. Stocking is what you do. Or replenishing inventory. You are a replenisher - sounds cooler. Love ya mom.

becky d said...

Okay, I'm laughing at myself....it's like when I called myself a sewer - meaning seamstress.....oh, sigh.....I'm so old sometimes. I'll just have to keep repeating to myself...replenisher, replenisher..replenisher..