Monday, November 5, 2007



I know it's dark - (Dad took it) haha, but he is Master Chief from the Halo 3 game. XBox 360..... Okay, but I have to tell you how it is all made up. We will begin at the top....Scoot-scoot helmet, spray painted Army Green. We made the helmet shield with a transparacy (sp?) sheet and some window tinting. The chest protection thingy is made from a little girls onsey floaty thing. We cut of the panty part and again spray painted. Then we colored in the black areas with a marker. His girdle guard and arm guards are made from a sleeping pad, you know, like the scouts take on a trip to go under their sleeping bags. I did spray a little of the green, but it was very close to the color we were going for. His wrist guards are made from skateboarding wrist protectors, once again painted and then worn wrong side up, where the hard plastic was on top of his hands. Lastly, his leg protectors are baseball catchers shin guards with the knee part and the top of the foot part cut off. We had made the shoulder things? but forgot to put them on that night.

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

You have once again made an unbelievably perfect costume. I can't say that I would have known who he was...(Halo has never been my fav.)....but I would have thought he bought that somewhere. Nice work!